Magazine practical task evaluation

Publication to blog and analysis

1) Save your finished Photoshop magazine cover as a JPEG image and upload it to your evaluation blogpost.




















2) Write an evaluation of your work: have you succeeded in your brief to create a new, original edition of an existing magazine?
I think I have succeeded in my brief to create a new, original edition of the 'Black Beauty' magazine editions. I have used inspiration from genuine examples to recreate a similar front cover. I have stuck with a colour scheme of three different colours which I took from the original magazine. The magazine is strictly based around hair and beauty - I have used taglines that only relate to hair and beauty. 


3) Put your cover alongside a couple of genuine covers of your chosen magazine. How professional is your work alongside genuine examples?
Image result for black beauty magazineImage result for black beauty magazine
  
Image result for black beauty magazine






















4) What is the strongest aspect of your work?
I have used a central image that is relatable to the taglines, main headline and the magazine as a whole. My taglines strongly relate to the hair and beauty aspect of the magazine.


5) What is the weakest aspect of your Photoshop magazine cover? 
My model is wearing a branded shirt with distinct colours which meant that I had to work around the colour scheme based on her attire - I should have dressed the model in a plain top or shot the picture from above her shoulders.




6) What would you do differently if you completed this assignment again?
I would dress my model differently in the central image so that I could use a more bold and bright colour scheme which would catch a reader's attention more. 

Comments