BLOG 1 Media Studies

I chose A Level media studies as I enjoy the exploration of different types of media and enjoy creating practical pieces based on the tasks assigned within the course. In year 9 I took GCSE media studies at Greenford High School and completed the subject with an A overall (A in exam and A* coursework). During GCSE media studies I had to complete two pieces of coursework: a music video and a film poster. My strengths in GCSE media were keeping on top of all of my work and meeting deadlines as well as creating strong pieces of practical and written work. My weakness in GCSE media was revising for the final exam at the end of the year. In A Level media I would like to achieve a minimum of an A but would like to get an A*. After completing my A Levels I am interested in either going to university or taking a gap year.

 In my opinion, some of the biggest media stories have been based around police brutality in America, however this topic was discussed more on social media platforms such as Youtube, Snapchat and Instagram and less on platforms such as the news. The topic of police brutality struck controversy for Kendall Jenner's Pepsi advertisement which was a big social media story as many people saw the ad as a mockery of police brutality in America which left many outraged. To keep up with the news and current affairs I use the news app on my phone which consists of many different news outlets. As well as this I use social media such as Snapchat to keep up to date with current affairs. 

The last film I watched was Friday. My top three favourite TV shows are Power, How to get away with murder and Rick and Morty. In a day on average I probably spend around 4-5 hours online which I think is a decent amount of time to spend online. 

Comments